- Core Knowledge Competencies
- Professional Development
- - Continuing Education
- - Webinars
- - Professional Competition
- - Poster Presentations
- - Certified Research Chef (CRC®)
- - Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS®)
- - CRC® and CCS® Candidate
- - Certification Renewal
- - Certification FAQs
- - RCA Certification Commission
- - RCACC Approved Provider Program
- On-Demand Learning Center
- Get Involved
- - Culinology Degree Programs
- - Student Elections
- - Student Competition
- - Evolution of Food Waste
- Culinology® Book
- Culinology® Magazine
- - Archives
- Culinology® Currents e-Newsletter
- - Archives
The RCA offers the number one program for certifying the knowledge, skills and experience of Culinology® professionals. Certified Research Chefs (CRC®) and Certified Culinary Scientists (CCS®) provide the food industry with today's most valuable, sought after product developers that excel in the practice of Culinology® (the blending of culinary arts and food science).
RCA-certified professionals are preferred by many employers because they guide innovation in this dynamic industry, offering unique credentials and powerful, value-added skills.
CRC®s and CCS®s are highly regarded in the industry and are therefore employed by some of the most respected food companies in the world. In fact, the Research Chefs Association Certification Commission (RCACC) reports that major food companies are seeking certification for their product development employees. These companies encourage their employees to fulfill CRC® and CCS® eligibility requirements and pursue certification in order to shine as leaders among the competition.
Now, more than ever, companies recognize the value of RCA certifications and supporting their employees in their efforts. A recent survey, conducted by the RCACC, produced impressive results. Supervisors, upper management, and HR managers of CRC®s and CCS®s, overwhelmingly agree that having an RCA certified employee on staff:
- Enhances product speed to market (78%)
- Increases product quality (80%)
- Increases team functionality (91%)
- Increases their chances of earning a higher salary (71%)
Check out video testimonials of certified professionals on our YouTube channel!