Organization: GNT USA
Job Position: Applications Specialist
Job Location: Tarrytown, New York, US
Job Description: GNT USA is a global market leader and trusted partner to the food industry when it comes to natural colors from fruits and vegetables. For more than 35 years, GNT has been processing edible fruits, vegetables and plants offering unique and innovative products that are high quality, consistent in color and traceable to origin. GNT is family-owned with a fully vertically integrated supply chain, from seed to final product.
The Application Specialist will report directly to the Applications Manager. Together, the Applications Team works with Technical Sales to provide natural color solutions to food and beverage manufacturers in a variety of application categories such as confections, dairy products, beverages, snacks, bakery, cereal, etc. Duties for the Application Specialist will include the following:
- Provide color match/color recommendations for customer’s food and beverage products. This may include performing various trials to model the customer’s formulation and/or process and conducting stability testing.
- Develop and execute demonstration samples that showcase EXBERRY® natural colors across a variety of products for customer meetings and tradeshows.
- Design, perform, analyze data demonstrating performance of EXBERRY®, and communicate technical recommendations to the Sales Team.
- Maintain organized and clean lab space.
- May require some travel.
The prospective candidate should fundamental knowledge of food science and scientific principles. Minimum requirement B. Sc. Food Science. Experience in R&D/Product Development is also a strong asset.
Additional characteristics/skills we are looking for are the following:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Creative, can “think-outside-the-box” yet also be detailed-oriented
- Natural problem solver
- Strong willingness to learn new things
- Strong team player
The position is open effective immediately. Competitive compensation package will come with full benefits including 401K, dental, vision, health.
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Food Science or Culinology. Product development or culinology experience a plus.
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Company Overview: https://www.instagram.com/gntgroup/
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Alice Lee, Applications Manager.