Organization: Southwest Minnesota State University
Job Position: Asst Professor of Culinology
Country, State/Province: Minnesota, US
Employee Type: Full-time
Position: Assistant Professor of Culinology
Salary and Terms: Full-time, nine month* tenure track position. Salary placement is commensurate with education and experience
Appointment Date: August 15, 2022
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin January 31, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Position Description: SMSU's Assistant Professor of Culinology is a full-time, tenure track faculty position.
• Teach and coordinate the courses and curricula for SMSU’s BS degree in Culinology, including basic food science, food chemistry, food processing, quality, regulation, sensory analysis, and product development classes and labs.
• Engage in other activities to support both the Culinology and Hospitality Management program and its majors.
• Meet the expectations of a full-time SMSU faculty member, as defined in the MinnState-IFO Agreement.
• Participate fully in the activities and programs of SMSU’s Agriculture, Culinology and Hospitality Management (ACHM) department.
• Fulfill the expectations of a full-time SMSU faculty member in the Culinology Program in accord with SMSU’s Assessment and Strategic Plans, as well as our Mission, Vision and Values.
• The position will engage in scholarly and creative activity, continuing preparation and study, contribute to student growth and development, and serve the SMSU community.
• SMSU, in its commitment to meeting the service needs of the region, expects faculty to engage in regional service, education or study as part of their community service responsibility.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified candidates for SMSU's Assistant Professor of Culinology position will meet the following expectations:
• Master’s degree in Food Science or a closely-related field.
• Demonstrated commitment or proven strategies for fostering a diverse and inclusive environment; demonstrated ability or proven strategies to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
•Some industry experience
• Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence.
• Superior written and communication skills.
• Clear evidence of ongoing professional development.
• Strong interest in student learning, growth and advancement.
• Proven disposition toward community and university service.
• Must have an understanding and appreciation for liberal education.
• Student-centered approach to education and a commitment to helping grow the Culinology program.
• Ph.D. in Food Science or closely related field.
• Five years of industry experience.
• Demonstrated abilities/competence in instructional technology; online instruction and commitment to interdisciplinary education.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Company Overview: The University: Southwest Minnesota State University is one of seven universities in the Minnesota S
Letter of application addressing your position qualifications, resume/curriculum vita, student evaluations if available, statement of teaching philosophy, and unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework should be attached to your application. To apply, please complete the application at https://smsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1634 Additional information on Southwest Minnesota State University can be found at: www.SMSU.edu
Name: Nancy Olson
Company Website: www.smsu.edu
1501 State St
Marshall, MN 56258