Job Position: Culinary Development: Ingredient Specialist IV
Job Location: Itasca, IL
Employee Type: Full-time
- Apply technical expertise in food science and culinary to ideate and develop product concepts/prototypes that solve for customer issues or generate new business opportunities within the context of our portfolio of ingredient solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing and Consumer Insights teams to identify, apply, and communicate food trends to ingredient innovation and product development concepts
- Under the guidance of the Corporate Chef, support the coordination and execution of customer engagement activities including development of product concepts and culinary/technical presentations that showcase culinary innovation and customer solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop technical communications including culinary demo videos, social media content, and printed materials. Offer innovative ideas for content development that align with the tone and expertise of the Ajinomoto brand
- Work cross-functionality with internal (e.g., Research & Development, Regulatory, Quality, etc.) and external (e.g., customers, trade associations) stakeholders to ensure project goals are efficiently met on time and within budget
- Develop and foster relationships with contacts in the food industry, working towards becoming a technical spokesperson for the Ajinomoto brand
- Contribute to the maintenance of the laboratory and kitchen to ensure an orderly, safe, and sanitary space
- Assist in the coordination of customer sample requests
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Food Science or a related field with at least 1-3 years of product formulation experience
- Hands-on experience in experimental design and product development process, preferably in savory and/or plant-based applications. Experience in social media and content creative desirable
- Strong and well-honed food science skills, strong communications and presentation skills, strong critical tasting abilities, at least one area of specialty in food science, strong interest in culinary arts and food-related trends
- Ability to problem solve to overcome obstacles.
- Willingness to travel 20-25% of the time.
To apply contact Chef Chris Koetke at email@example.com.
Company Website: https://www.ajinorthamerica.com/