Organization: Johnson & Wales University
Job Position: Faculty-Food Science
Job Location: Providence, RI
Job Description: Faculty–Culinary Science and Product Development
Summary: Faculty members are responsible for providing students with a rich, relevant and engaging academic experience. The faculty role encompasses teaching, student outcomes assessment, curriculum development, student advising, and university service. Faculty continuously engage in professional development while maintaining current expertise in the applicable content area and developing students through effective and innovative teaching and learning practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge and maintains expertise in the theory, skills, and pedagogy of the applicable discipline or profession
- Uses strategies and skills necessary to support student learning and prepares and delivers current and relevant course material in an understandable and motivating manner
- Continually assesses course objectives and instructional methods to improve teaching and learning
- Uses formative and summative assessments of student learning within assigned courses to inform instruction and improve student attainment of course objectives and program outcomes
- Establishes a student and advisor relationship that provides guidance with regard to program choices and career possibilities and supports student educational growth through guided decision making
- Supports the university's outcomes initiatives by working to refine and revise course assignments and evaluation tools and leading or participating in data analysis discussions to make program and course improvements
- Facilitates development and revision of programs and courses, assuring alignment within the program description and outcomes, course objectives and content, as well as university curriculum standards
- Attends commencement, convocation, faculty meetings, department meetings, committee meetings, professional development programs, and other university events, as applicable
- Supports student enrollment and retention by participating in university events, advising student clubs and organizations, and assisting with admissions activities
- Adheres to and fulfills the responsibilities of all faculty members as outlined in the faculty manual
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Minimum of a master's degree in food science or a related field of study (food chemistry, food processing, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience working in product development in a consumer products company, an ingredient or food service company or a multi-unit food operation
- Knowledgeable in culinary, either through education (AS Culinary Arts) or work experience
- Knowledge of current food regulations and labeling, food processing, ingredient functionality, and the product development process
Company Overview: www.jwu.edu
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To Apply: Apply online here.
Please note: Upon applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to apply on the JWU Employment Site, requisition #5423R. Questions regarding this position may be sent to email@example.com.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.