Internship: Food Engineer Intern
Job Location: Sterling, VA
- Research and application of scientific methods to improve new and existing recipes, products, equipment and processes for internal studies and consulting purposes.
- Establish and review testing procedures to ensure proper analysis methods are accurately followed, establish and maintain records of all tests performed for internal studies and consulting purposes.
- Contribute to studies in relation to biology, microbiology, biochemistry and engineering disciplines in relation to food science to increase CREA services and training material.
- Assist in studies and culinary training programs with focus on Reduced Oxygen Packaging, Modified Atmosphere Packaging and Sous-Vide.
- Assist in preparing and serving food innovation presentations for guests visiting the test kitchen.
- Verify sanitary condition of CREA test kitchen and equipment at beginning and end of shift based on established procedures and report any problems.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by management.
Education/Experience: Student in a Master's or Bachelor’s Program in Food Science, Food Chemistry or a related field. Experience with specialized equipment and software common in a food laboratory such as measurement devices and meters, chemicals, filtration, and cooking device. Knowledge of food safety, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), and basic food regulatory requirements; ability to work independently as well as in teams; possess professional demeanor and image; self-motivated with proven time management skills; ability to work independently as well as in teams.
Company Overview: www.lecrea.com
To Apply: Contact AJ Schaller, Executive Chef