Food Engineering Consultant at CREA
Country, State/Province: Virginia, US
Employee Type: Full-time
- Research and application of scientific methods to improve new and existing recipes, products, equipment and processes for internal studies and consulting purposes.
- Establish and review testing procedures to ensure proper analysis methods are accurately followed, established, and maintain records of all tests performed for internal studies and consulting purposes.
- Manage CREA’s Kitchen Laboratory Equipment in regards to calibration, maintenance and training others how to utilize them.
- Verify sanitary condition of CREA test kitchen and equipment at beginning and end of shift based on established procedures and report any problems.
- Contribute to studies in relation to biology, microbiology, biochemistry and engineering disciplines in relation to food science to increase CREA services and training material.
- Assist in studies and culinary training programs with focus on Reduced Oxygen Packaging, Modified Atmosphere Packaging and Sous-Vide.
- Work towards creating studies applicable to CREA’s repertoire for publication in food science journals.
- Assist in preparing and serving food innovation presentations for guests visiting the test kitchen.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Facilitate training for CREA sous-vide courses, extraction and cryoconcentration. Gather and retain all components of course content specific to CREA for continued development of future courses.
- Contribute to a creative and collaborative environment between CREA USA and CREA France.
- Contribute to CREA contact database as applicable.
- Participate in the CREA innovation process working in collaboration with Chief Scientist and Chef-Consultants. Contributing to R&D recipes and testing as needed.
- Participate and present at CREA innovation tastings and demonstrations as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or a related field
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Certifications from HACCP Programs BRC, SQF, and/or PCQI a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Minimum of 5 years or more in Food Science or Food Engineering
- Strong understanding of USDA / FDA food regulatory systems
- Strong knowledge of food safety requirements
- Experience in maintaining HACCP programs, including risk assessment
- Strong experience with developing or updating sustainability programs
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated experience building strong rapport with clients
- Comfortable performing in a fast-pace environment, with an ability to establish priorities, multitask, manage workload, and work under pressure
Compensation: Based on Experience
To Apply: email email@example.com
Name: AJ Schaller
Title: Executive Chef
Company Website: https://www.lecrea.com
Address: 22445 Sous Vide Lane, Sterling, Virginia 20164