Organization: Meatless Farm
Job Position: Food Scientist
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Meatless Farm is looking for a Food Scientist to join our growing start-up in Atlanta! The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial can-do mentality, a great enthusiasm for our products and a passion for contributing to team success.
The role: The Food Scientist will be reporting to Susan, our Product Development Director and will have a close working relationship with the rest of the team in New York. Together with Susan, you are responsible for executing product development, innovation pipeline, renovation on existing products and the commercialization through to qualification. You will help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time.
- Responsible for the development of plant based meat products in response to physical, sensorial and food safety properties targeted for new business development and consumer preference.
- Manage product development projects from bench top concepts to production line test runs and then to full scale commercialization.
- Application of food science research, ingredient knowledge, processing methods, processing equipment experience in order to design cost and time efficient products that are scalable.
- Work directly with vendors and their multi-functional teams of food technologists, engineers, sales and technical support to provide ideas and solutions for ongoing project development as well as in advanced phase projects.
- Integrate food safety, quality assurance, product costs and customer requirements into every project.
- Report/update progress status of all projects in a clear, timely manor to the Director of Product Develop plus alert in a solutions oriented basis any obstacles to project timeline and requirement success.
- Communicate effectively with cross functional internal departments of marketing and sales in order to constantly consider project developments and apply a strategy for completion.
- Apply effective and professional skills to perform customer and internal product demonstrations to illustrate the product and the intended methods of cooking, holding and packaging requirements plus needed considerations in both retail and foodservice categories.
Your profile – experience
- BS degree in food science/food technology or similar education
- 5+ years of experience in R&D / Product Development in meat products or plant-based products
- Strong food chemistry knowledge and experiences in the applications of various food ingredients
- Knowledge in GMP, HACCP, FDA food labeling, USDA National Organic Program, Food Safety Plan, Standard Operating Procedure, and Quality Management System
- Extensive experience in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
Your profile – skills
- Strong analytical and critical skills
- System-savvy and general computer skills
- Collaborative team-player with strong project management and a problem-solving attitude
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in an autonomous environment.
Our mission: Ours is simple; To help people make mini changes, so together we can make big, lovely, positive change to our health and the planet. With a focus on reducing global meat consumption, we make swapping to plant-based food easy, alongside naturally complementing the world’s increasing appetite for alternative and plant-based protein. We believe socially responsible businesses can change the world, and that plant-based is better for people, animals, and the planet’s health; our employees are at the centrepiece of this mission.
Our Farmers: We take our quest serious…. Not ourselves!
Being a farmer is more than a job, it’s about being part of a joyful quest and embracing difference. Everyone has good ideas and when people feel happy they have even more! We work hard, play hard and most of all we are always having new ideas and trying new ways of doing things. Let’s do it better than we did it yesterday! Make the good bits gooder and the not so good bits good.
Company Website: https://meatlessfarm.com/us/
Apply online here.