Organization: Joseph's Gourmet Pasta
Job Position: Food Technician
Job Location: Haverhill, MA
Employee Type: Full-time
Position Summary: The Food Technician is responsible for developing and maintaining incoming raw material and finished product documentation including label & nutrition fact panel, EQA, cooking validations, and Internal/Customer/Vendor Specifications. This function is key to ensuring appropriate information is obtained from vendors for the development of accurate finished product documentation and labeling. This role will lead the process of communicating, creating, reviewing, updating and approving internal and external documentation relating to incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products for a broad scope of products addressing compliance to regulatory requirements for labeling of FDA and USDA products. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are required to be successful in this position.
- Work with regulatory affairs consultant to create and maintain labels.
- Ensures all formulas, ingredients and retail / foodservice packaging components are within customer and FDA / USDA compliance guidelines.
- Validation of labeling accuracy with QA and Product Development
- Managing Label Approval Process
- Work closely with product development on product trials to gather technical data such as product specifications, nutritional labeling information, EQAs and other technical and compliance data for both new and existing products.
- Cooking Validations
- Customer Specifications, Customer related documents
- Managing Approval process for Internal Specs, EQA and Customer Specifications
- Maintains vendor raw material specification
- Works with purchasing to obtain and manage vendor and ingredient documentation.
- Develops internal raw material specs
- Audits incoming raw materials against CoA and Spec
- Checks incoming material CoA’s
- Develops incoming materials lot code deciphering key
- File management and maintenance to ensure ease of reference.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Food Science or related field, experience of working within food manufacturing.
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with food regulations including: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), food product safety, product labeling and/or nutrition science.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver results against tight deadlines
- Solid communication and influencing skills.
- General working knowledge of HACCP
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc…)
- Genesis and Labelview systems experience a plus
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent job experience
Work Experience: 3-5 Years
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To apply, contact Cesare Casadei at Cesare.Casadei@josephspasta.com