Organization: Overhill Farms
Job Position: Food Technologist
Job Location: Vernon, California, US
Employee Type: Full-time
- Organize, communicate & coordinate information and activities to facilitate accurate and efficient product development and technology transfer.
- Develop new products and improve existing products to meet the needs of the customers and reduce variability while ensuring reproducibility.
- Communicate with suppliers to source new ingredients and compile information to ensure compliance with customer and food safety and quality requirements.
- Understand ingredient functionality and be able to formulate new products based on that knowledge.
- Provide technical support to sales and customers, such as, respond to customer’s inquiries and generate preliminary product technical data sheets.
- Conduct pilot plant testing, evaluation troubleshooting, cost reduction feasibility to assure continued cost, quality and marketplace competitiveness.
- Collaborate with Operations to convert/adapt customer formulation processes to Overhill production capabilities.
- Analyze and organize customer’s ingredients, formulations and processing information to facilitate efficient and accurate technology transfer.
- Assess product development process and develop/recommend tools to improve product development efficiency and accuracy.
- Understand and highlight the cause and effect of product/ingredient/process changes and identify effective solutions.
- Evaluate and propose alternate ingredients that may be used in existing products which can lead to better process or cost savings.
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA claims as to facilitate product development and ingredient restrictions.
- Familiarity with Genesis R&D® software
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or food-related science (food engineering, chemistry and nutrition)
Work Experience: 3-5 years related experience in food manufacturing environment, frozen food preferred. Work experience should span from laboratory to manufacturing environment.
Company Overview: Overhill Farms, Frozen Food Manufacturer
Relocation Program: No
To apply, contact Rosemarie Marquez, HR Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.