Job Position: Culinary Devt & Chef Intern
City, State: Foster City, CA
Entry level internship position with 2 main roles:
1. Support menu innovation projects for regional and national restaurant chains. This may
also include learning how to formulate foods and beverages for food service manufacturers and consumer packaged goods companies—both of which are core to our business—by performing the tasks involved in food development.
2. Meal planning, budgeting, preparation, and presentation of lunch for our employee-owners 3 to 4 days per week.
- Support Our Food Away From Home menu development team in all aspects involved in the research and development of food and beverages for regional and national restaurant chains.
- Develop a weekly menu and prepare lunch 3 to 4 days a week.
- Lunches will need to feed 50 of our 60 employee-owners.
- Each lunch should contain vegetarian and/or vegan options.
- Lunches should meet an average per person food cost.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to prepare lunch for smaller groups of our client guests.
- Weigh and prepare formulations for a wide variety of food products from beverages, snack foods, and baked goods to retorted, refrigerated and frozen food products.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of products for internal tastings, client meetings, and consumer testing.
- Source and order ingredients, contact suppliers for pricing, specifications and other documentation.
- Enter formulas and ingredient information into the ESHA Genesis program for nutritional
- Assist in preparing, testing and evaluating shelf life products.
- Support our Consumer Insights team, as needed.
- When requested, support others in the company on an ad-hoc basis.
This is a temporary, 4 to 6 month position. If there is an opening and you are seen as a fit with the team of Mattson employee-owners, you may be offered regular employment, but there is no guarantee of this.
- A formal culinary degree or completion of a 6 month, full time program.
- A BA or BS degree desired but not a requirement.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years working back of house in a restaurant.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their resume along with a list of references and any letters of recommendation to email@example.com
Contact Name: Doug Berg
Title: Vice President, Group Manager - Product Development
Phone: (650) 356-2515
Company Website: https://www.mattsonco.com/
Address: 343 Hatch Drive, Foster City, CA 94404