Job Position: Product Development Chef
Job Location: Woodburn, OR
Employee Type: Full-time
Job Description: BrucePac specializes in custom designed protein products including fully cooked chicken, beef, pork, turkey, and plant protein items. BrucePac’s strong R&D team prides themselves on innovation, customer service, and our speed to market. Every item we make is designed to fit our customer’s specific need and this makes for a very fast paced and exciting product development challenge.
As Product Development Chef you will be responsible for developing new fully cooked protein products utilizing our state of the art commercial kitchen and pilot plant. The R&D team works hand in hand with the BrucePac sales team so a customer focused mindset is essential.
- Create new and innovative products
- Source of new ingredients
- Create product formulas for large-scale production from benchtop samples
- Participate in / lead customer visits and product ideation sessions
- Stay current in menu and flavor trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams during all stages of development from benchtop through production
- Work with the sales team to create sales tools and marketing
- Culinary Arts Degree with at least 3 years related experience in food service, manufacturing, or large-scale cooking.
- Experience in product development of commercial foods, especially clean label, “natural”, and organic products. Will accept experience from culinary school.
- Practical or technical experience in meat science or food science. Will accept experience from culinary school
Education: Culinary Arts Degree
Compensation: $60,000-$90,000 DOE
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To Apply: Email resume & cover letter to HRdirect@brucepac.com