Organization: Tim Hortons
Job Position: Product Development Chef
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Summary: Working closely with a talented team of Food Scientists, the Product Development Chef is responsible for evolving and enhancing the Tim Hortons brand by leveraging a passion for food and obsession with quality, to identify new product ideas and to evolve our existing menu. The position reports to the Head of Innovation, Tim Hortons.
- Partner closely with Category Leads to co-identify trends, and develop new product ideas to build 3-year product pipelines
- Work with internal stakeholders including supply chain and Quality Assurance teams; develop and nurture a network of first in class suppliers, to meet evolving Canadian tastes
- Develops and launch new and/or improved products to drive incremental sales and increase consumer satisfaction
- Challenges current menu items and proposes improved recipes.
- Leads special projects to create new products and/or improve existing products for our National system as well as new concepts.
- Works with suppliers to prepare innovation sessions with products that are correctly targeted to guest’ expectations, cost effective and operationally feasible.
- Work with suppliers to identify market trends and guest behaviors for the medium term to inform new recipes.
- Responsible for development of recipes to include ingredient and product specifications for manufacturers.
- Works with cross-functional new products team to manage and coordinate product testing including concept tests and taste tests.
- Optimizes food cost, product quality and operational feasibility for all new initiatives to enable seamless transition to commercialization team.
- Culinary degree or significant culinary experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation as a Chef in the Food industry (CPG preferred)
- Track record of strong problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills to include formal presentation experience and the ability to prepare and present development presentations.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, food vendors/manufactures and internal teams.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization skills; ability to prioritize and handle multi task.
- BS degree in Food Science or related field.
Company Overview: Restaurant Brands International Inc. (“RBI”) is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 25,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 40 years. We are looking for team players that show a true yearning to improve not only our business, but themselves. With meritocracy is at the forefront of our company’s culture, we live and breathe a performance-driven environment where hard work and results speak for themselves. Top performers are rewarded for what they achieve, and with success, you can accelerate your career as quickly as your talent will allow.
Apply online using this link.