Organization: Fat Snax
Job Position: Product Development Intern
- Location: Berkeley, CA (70%) and Remote (30%)
- Part-time: 20 hours per week (14 hours in-person, 6 hours remote)
- Length of Internship: 3 Months
Job Description: As a Product Development Intern with Fat Snax, you will have unique opportunities to increase your technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of keto friendly foods. Interns have an active role in the product development process, including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with a keto lifestyle and be skilled at preparing pastries, desserts, salty snacks, and other delicious sugar-free and low-carb goods. This person must be a team player, ready to hop in wherever and whenever they are needed.
- Work as part of the R&D team on the development and formulation of new products and product renovation. This includes project research, hands-on benchtop work, and ingredient sourcing.
- Design and execute experiments and analyze data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage
- Assist development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related major
- Previous experience in food science, quality control, formulation and R&D preferred.
- Eagerness to be proactive, supportive, and to learn about the food industry.
- Willingness to work with ambiguous tasks and be self-motivated.
- Proficient in Excel, Word
Company Overview: We launched Fat Snax in 2017 to make the world’s best low-carb and keto-friendly snacks.
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn and 3 sentences about yourself, your background, and what you’re looking for.