Organization: CCD Innovation
Job Position: Product Development Manager
Job Location: 5621
Country, State/Province: California, US
Employee Type: Full-time
Do you have a passion for creating delicious, innovative food? Want to join a boutique food innovation agency that helps reimagine the way the world eats? We have the job for you.
CCD Innovation is a woman-owned consulting agency that helps food manufacturers and entrepreneurs develop and commercialize food and beverage products. We help create the packaged foods you see on grocery store shelves and Quick-Serve Restaurant menus. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team member who’s eager to be part of our family-oriented work culture.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and a high standard of professionalism
• Mac or PC fluency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams, as well as ESHA (nutritional database) program
• Manage a team of 4-6 product developers, food scientists and culinarians
• Advise and guide the product development team, leveraging your previous cross-category development and commercialization experience, including knowledge of food stability/shelf-life, ingredient costs, nutritional targets and packaging considerations
• Manage multiple simultaneous project timelines and deliverables, working closely with the Project Management team
• Perform work on development projects when needed
• Participate in and lead presentations with clients to walk through the development journey
• Provide R&D insights while actively participating in client ideation sessions
• Participate in Capabilities presentations as a Subject Matter Expert to answer clients’ questions and help scope potential projects
• Leverage and add to our robust network of suppliers to source new ingredients.
• Up to 25% of time traveling domestically and occasionally internationally
Nice to Have
• Culinary and/or baking and pastry industry experience
• Knowledge of consumer insights and ability to refine products based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
• Experience in the scale-up and commercialization of products in a wide variety of manufacturing locations
Education: BS degree in Food Science or related field, formal culinary training, certification, or equivalent experience
3+ years in food & beverage product development experience
Previous experience managing and guiding a team of product developers
Compensation: Based on experience
Company Overview: www.ccdinnovation.com
To Apply: Email resume
Name: Marc Halperin
Company Website: www.ccdinnovation.com
1201 Park Ave., Suite 101
Emeryville, CA 94608