Job Position: Product Development Specialist
Job Location: 719
City: Saint Louis, Missouri, US
Employee Type: Full-time
Job Description: Responsible for quality assurance and continuous improvement of products marketed under Save-A-Lot’s private label portfolio.
- Ensures Save-A-Lot’s private label products meet or exceed consumer quality expectations by maintaining ongoing sensory performance evaluations.
- Participates in cross-functional team of marketing, packaging, and procurement to develop new products, improve existing products and market the brand to consumers.
- Communicates quality expectations to manufacturing partners to ensure adequate product specifications and high quality national brand emulations.
- Ensures accuracy of evaluation documentation and product specification records.
- Maintains an understanding of new manufacturing technologies and industry trends.
- Creates detailed product specifications for each of Save-A-Lot’s branded products.
- Works closely with PDQA Director to better understand technical issues matters affecting products.
- Prepares and conducts product reviews to showcase product performance results.
- Supports positive relationships with manufacturers by displaying a partnership approach to projects.
- Ensures product preparation instructions and usage instructions are accurate.
- Generates consumer recipes to support private label product packaging and social media.
- Supports facilitation of internal sensory tests when necessary.
- Reasonably accommodates incremental kitchen needs such as vendor meetings and product exploration reviews.
- Other applicable duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in food science/technology, culinology, or equivalent technical food work experience
Work Experience: 0-2 years of food product development experience
Company Overview: Welcome to Save-A-Lot, one of the nation's leading hard discount grocery chains!
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To Apply: Please email your resume to Porsha.C.Finney@savealot.com