Job Position: Quality Assurance Consultant
Country, State/Province: Virginia, US
Employee Type: Full-time
- Responsible for HACCP Consulting for clients including preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety. Identifies and recommends process improvements to current programs and implements necessary changes and in turn properly communicates with the clients QA and Production Management.
- Responsible for ensuring client is operating in accordance with local, state, federal, or global regulations and customer requirements.
- Responsible for educating client on local, state, federal, or global regulations and audit processes and procedures to identify and address gaps.
- Performs external food safety and quality audits at client sites.
- Serves as liaison to clients with municipal, state, and federal regulatory bodies.
- Serves as point of contact to clients for food safety related projects and communicates effectively in a timely and efficient manner including sharing of professional notes, presentations and reports.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of custom training programs in relation to food safety and quality.
- For active clients, monitor policy changes from regulatory agencies (FDA, UDSA, etc.) and implement changes as needed.
- Monitor food safety trends and regulatory updates and apply as relative to CREA consulting services.
- Creation of food safety newsletter material for CREA clients.
- Assist in facilitating training for CREA sous-vide courses, extraction and cryoconcentration. Gather and retain all components of course content specific to CREA for continued development of future courses.
- Contribute to a creative and collaborative environment between CREA USA and CREA France.
- Contribute to CREA contact database as applicable.
- Participate in the CREA innovation process working in collaboration with Chief Scientist and Chef-Consultants. Contributing to R&D recipes and testing as needed.
- Participate and present at CREA innovation tastings and demonstrations as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Quality Assurance, Food Science or related field
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- HACCP Certification
- BRC or PCQI Certification
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Minimum of 5 years’ or more managing Quality and Food Safety Operations
- Strong understanding of USDA / FDA food regulatory systems
- Strong knowledge of food safety requirements
- Strong experience in managing and developing HACCP programs, including risk assessment
- Strong experience with developing or updating sustainability programs
- Demonstrated experience in Food safety audit
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated experience building strong rapport with clients
- Comfortable performing in a fast-pace environment, with an ability to establish priorities, multitask, manage workload, and work under pressure
Company Overview: CREA
To Apply: To apply email AJ Schaller at AJSchaller@lecrea.com
Name: AJ Schaller
Company Website: https://www.lecrea.com/