Organization: Sensient Natural Ingredients
Job Position: R&D Culinary Lead
Job Location: Turlock, CA
The Research & Development Culinary Lead will facilitate project work as directed by the Technical Director and Sales Director utilizing real-time, hands-on cooking in the Culinary Center and will be responsible for creative product development in the form of paper concepts as well as tangible prototypes, on-site and on-location product demonstrations, and all task associated with these activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, source, and prepare high-quality, tangible food concepts for appropriate channels of business as directed by and in conjunction with the Technical Director and Sales Director.
- Organize the Test Kitchen (including perishable inventory, pantry items, cleaning materials, and sundries) and oversee the Test kitchen's day-to-day operations in conjunction with project work.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Research & Development to provide the delivery of innovative product concepts in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Write, test, edit, and improve proprietary, commercial formulas and home-cook recipes for use by customers (both internal and external) and ensure formula/recipe integrity.
- Plan, prepare and execute customer presentations independently as a key account team member.
- Collaborate with other R&D team members to create, sample and test gold standard products.
- Explain, teach, and train basic cooking methods and skills that highlight Sensient products.
- Coordinate food products for tradeshows and large-scale formats, and attend such events as appropriate.
- Forecast flavor trends and create prototypes to highlight these trends.
- Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data, which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision-making. Maintain scientific notebook to record data and experiments in electronic format as directed.
- Global Culinary Support: Leads targeted company culinary-based activities which require coordination with chefs and culinarians from key accounts and/or trade organizations. Activities may include training, cuisine presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
- Culinary Events: Responsible for organizing &/or assisting and executing targeted industry and/or customer events. Demonstrates culinary savvy and excellence in the food prepared and offered.
- Post Covid-19 travel will be up to 50%.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts/Culinary Nutrition or AA/or AAS in Culinary Arts or technical school with a concentration in Culinary Arts
- Two years related experience and/or trainingwww.sensientnaturalingredients.com in foodservice kitchens
- Four to six years of food product development experience while working for a food manufacturer or ingredient supplier is required
- Certification from an accredited organization (ACF, RCA, etc.)
Skills & Abilities:
- Must understand basic food science principles including preservative systems, gums, starches, emulsifiers, flavors and sweeteners. Basic Chemistry proficiency is required
- Must have proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be proficient with electronic formulary software systems
- Must be proficient in using internet software and navigating social media sites. Excellent cooking skills and professional cooking experience
- Minimum of three years of food product development experience having working in a multiple project environment. Experience should include work with manufactured products from raw ingredients to consumer packaged finished goods
- Ability to be resourceful to quickly and economically find solutions
- Confident and effective communicating with all levels of organizations in an honest, open and constructive fashion
- Must have a passion for food and cooking and takes pleasure in food, feeding people, demonstrating cooking and being the consummate “party host”
- Basic understanding of science and the scientific method of experimentation
- Creative food product development skills
- Ability influence others without authority
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Foodservice and Retail products
- Willing to take realistic personal and business risk
- A team player with strong interpersonal and team building skills
Preferred Designations: CRC - Certified Research Chef
Compensation: Depending on experience
Company Overview: www.sensientnaturalingredients.com
Relocation Program: Negotiable
Apply online at sensientnaturalingredients.com/careers