R&D Culinary Scientist- Entry level
Tribe 9 Foods is a partnership of value-based brands (RP’s Pasta Co., Carla’s Pasta, Taste Republic, and Yumbutter) with a mission to promote eating and living well. Tribe 9 is positioned to make big inroads in the natural and conventional food space and is looking for somebody to support our team onsite in our South Windsor, CT facility.
To Apply: Please send your resume to Alli Herrera (HR Generalist): firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Schedule and Hours: Full time (9-5 pm, 5 days per week)
Location: South Windsor, CT
Key Ingredients into this Role:
- Update Genesis Nutritional Software database.
- Work independently and with team members to successfully commercialize pasta and sauce products.
- Develop gold standard recipes and translate these into production formulas.
- Familiarize yourself with the functionality of each ingredient.
- Help to organize and maintain inventory of the test kitchen.
- Learn basic cost matrix of each ingredient to produce cost-effective products.
- Understand the scaling process and launch new formulas in production.
- This position is also called upon to perform other duties not specifically outlined in this posting.
Recipe for Success:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Culinary Science, or a related field.
- Experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs.
- Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and small projects per scope and timeline.
- Willingness to learn the R&D process and apply key principles.
- Organized and structured with an ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Assess daily tasks and achieve them in a timely manner while communicating status and progress.
Our guiding principles:
- Tackle Anything: embrace the unknown; bring ideas to reality; conquer lofty goals
- Relationship Driven: build partnerships and amaze our customers
- Inspire Each Other: as each individual grows, so does the organization; unlock each other’s potential
- B Corp Values: balance profit and purpose; use business as a force for good
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: challenge the status quo through creative destruction and innovation
Tribe 9 Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer