Organization: Paradise Tomato Kitchens
Job Position: Research and Development Dir.
Job Location: Louisville, Kentucky, US
Employee Type: Full-time
Summary: This position plays a key role to identify and implement new business opportunities and to improve existing products and processes to support the strategic vision of the company. The R&D Director manages all Research & Development staff and provides leadership and professional development activities to support company and personal growth. The successful candidate will enjoy working with people, leading by example and promoting principles of Servant Leadership.
Provide leadership and management for company-wide research and development activities. Develop products and processes that support sales initiatives, enhance current products to add value and maintain a strong and competitive consumable innovation portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Operations and Sales teams to identify and implement new business opportunities
- Supports sales efforts by demonstrating strong product knowledge and technical expertise to build strong relationships with Prospects and current Customers
- Directly responsible for development and implementation of R&D procedures, department performance and continuous improvement for the R&D group
- Responsible to act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to the procurement of services and materials for the company research and development activities
- Accountable for Product Development from Concept to Market Launch to Meet Business Objectives
- Effectively Select, Develop, Organize, and Motivate R&D Staff
- Effectively Leverage Technical Experts and Provide Direction
- Align Dedicated and Shared Resources Cross-Functionally to Optimize and Ensure Success of New Product Development
- Be Accountable for Timely Delivery of all Product Development Deliverables as Specified
- Create an Environment in which Innovation Can Flourish Through Empowerment, Encouragement, and Support
- Identify Best-In-Class Industry Product Development Partners and Establish Business Relationships
- Participate in the Evaluation and Assessment of Competitive Products, Processes or New Trends that Impact the Business
- Ensure Efficient and Effective Transition from Research and Development to High Volume Manufacturing
- Maintain an Overview of State-of-the-Art Technology Development
- Enjoys working with Engineering and all Plant Personnel to Commercialize Products and Improve Processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Food Science/Food Technology or related field with ten or more years of R&D experience with a minimum of five years working in Food & Beverage
- Five or more years’ experience managing technical personnel in R&D activities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that support business activities
- Demonstrated understanding of Food Safety and Food Quality Programs and related industry practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience commercializing products food/beverage production/pharmaceutical environment
- Ability to identify new business segments that strengthen the business and align with the vision of the company
- Ability to work with a diverse group of technical and non-technical groups to implement new products, processes and systems
- Sound understanding of food processing systems including cold-fill, hot-fill, acidified foods and aseptic processing
- Good MS Office and Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and building effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to physically inspect food facilities (capable of climbing, kneeling, walking, bending as necessary to complete)
- High Level of energy, able to travel and work long hours when necessary in a plant environment or as needed to support Sales and Customer needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
To apply contact Sara Smith at email@example.com.
Company Website: www.paradisetomato.com