Organization: Illes Seasonings & Flavors
Job Position: Research Chef
Job Location: Carrollton, Texas, US
Employee Type: Full-time
- To work in our laboratory with R&D and Culinary innovating and developing high quality products, or to modify existing products, in a timely manner, that meets our customer’s needs.
- To act as culinary & technical resource for our customers and our Sales department.
- To act as a technical resource for Operations and QA departments during the startup of new products and equipment; and to assist in problem solving.
- To support sales with the development of wet and dry flavor solutions for new and current customers. The position requires the broad use of ‘Culinology’ as described by the Research Chefs.
- Association in the development of flavor systems that are not only functional to the customer but also to Illes.
- The position requires travel in support of Sales, R&D, and the customer.
- Responsible for ensuring that food safety, legality, and quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Understand and translate culinary with technical knowledge on ingredients, processes, regulations, and related areas. To keep up with new developments & trends in the industry.
- To work closely with customers, develop products that are safe, cost effective, and innovative. Provide menu/product solutions that meet customer needs.
- Convert formulas to a production ready product, providing formula, blend procedures, raw material and finished product specifications, vendor information, and any other information needed.
- Write usage instructions, USDA or FDA approved labels, and document all work in the R&D software.
- Provide accurate and timely technical information to customers, both internal and external.
- To design experiments in the lab, pilot plant or plant to develop products, and assist with solutions to formulation and processing problems.
- To use Ross ERP, Product Vision (R&D software), Excel, Microsoft Word, and other computer software as necessary.
- To run the QA analytical equipment including the pH meter, refractive index, salt and acid titrations, flowability, viscosity and density.
- To have creativity and initiative in assignments given by R&D Manager/Director/Vice President or Culinary Manager.
- To assist other R&D & Culinary team members with projects as needed.
- To build chef-to-chef and chef-to-technologist relationships growing client knowledge.
- To go to the grocery store to purchase control samples, or other materials needed for testing. To deliver products to customers when needed.
- Work with purchasing to source ingredients for innovation and development.
- Maintain R&D lab and Culinary kitchen to be clean and customer ready at all times.
- Assist in managing social media accounts to maintain relevancy and stay top of mind in industry, in a professional way.
- Work with Marketing on initiatives to post on social Media.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- TRAVEL: Able to travel up to 50% of the time; with sales, other chefs or alone, to give presentations onsite at customer facility.
- OFFICE: Position offices in Carrollton, TX facility. Must live in or be willing to relocate to DFW area.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES: Speak, read and write English. Technical knowledge especially in Culinary & Food Science, computer skills, math skills including algebra, good reading skills, valid driver’s license. Additional computer skills including Access, label making, training in sensory evaluation, and production experience a plus. Must work well in a team environment. Must be able to present ‘Culinary’ demos to a large group of people.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Taste, smell, and see well enough to discriminate quantity, and quality, of individual flavor components. Physically able to lift 50 pounds, and stand on feet for more than 8 hours at a time. See well enough to read formulas, batch sheets, work requests and work on the computer efficiently and effectively. Ability to hear directions. Ability to legally and safely drive a vehicle in the performance of the job.
Education: A Culinary degree, with a Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited university.
Work Experience: 5 years’ experience as a Research Chef, Culinologist, or Food Scientist. Focused history in Seasonings, flavors, or sauces with experience presenting to customers preferred.
Company Overview: Illes is a family owned company that produces dry and liquid products for food manufacturers.
Relocation Program: Negotiable
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Illes Seasonings & Flavors Recruiter, Shana Almanza: email@example.com.
Name: Shana Almanza
Title: Sr. HR Generalist
Company Website: Illes Seasonings & Flavors
Address: 2200 Luna Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006