We are seeking to add a Research Chef to enhance our R&D team!
Reily Foods Company has a passion for flavor! For over 120 years we have developed and produced iconic foods and beverages that create meals and memories. Our products consist of Blue Plate Mayonnaise, Tiger Sauce, Luzianne Iced Tea, New England Coffee, and Swan's Down Cake Flour to name a few. We're a 5th generation, family company based out of one of the top culinary cities in the country, New Orleans!
The Research Chef collaborates with cross functional team members from idealization to commercialization, resulting in the successful launch of new food items. Reily Foods broad category scope includes coffees, teas, mayonnaise, sauces, dressings, dry seasonings, and flour. Reily Foods operates in both the branded and private label for retail, food service, and industrial sales. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of success in mayonnaise and sauce development for a food manufacturing company.
- Leverage insights and trends to develop consumer-focused gold standard recipes and new product translations
- Prepare prototypes, execute sensory tests, prepare product for competitive landscape reviews and analysis, prepare and present products for demonstrations
- Works closely with team scientists, brand managers, salespeople, vendors, and external teams to co-create product solutions
- Creates and/or follows agile processes, building strong business relationships internally and externally with low ego
- Combine culinary knowledge, flexibility, technical skill, high empathy and understanding of customer and target consumer needs
- Possess a good understanding of both culinary arts, food science and food manufacturing, and culinary experiences to develop or modify formulas, provide cost reduction methods, change flavor profiles and adjust formulas based on ingredient availability
- Scrutinize methods and ingredients to improve aspects of foods, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience
- Manage a portfolio of assigned product development projects through various stages of the product development life cycle leading to successful commercialization
- Utilize knowledge of current regulations, product formulation, supplier specifications, customer requirements and industry standards to develop prototypes and applications
- Maintain formula database, accurate records of work, and documentation of ingredients on paperless systems
- Ability to understand and use basic lab techniques and equipment: balance, pH meter, refractometer
- Maintains a clean work environment, manages lab ingredients and supplies
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts, Culinology, or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in R&D within the manufactured food industry, either at the manufacturing facility or corporate HQ
- Strong formulation skills – scale up, manufacturing requirements
- Strong Food Science Skills – The individual is comfortable with basic food science principles, including knowledge of food chemistry and the principles of food processing
- Experience working with mayonnaise and sauces preferred
- Desire to work independently in a fast-paced environment, quickly seizing opportunities to drive change without constant direction from leadership
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, each in differing stages of development
- This position requires diligence, passion, and reliability
Join the Reily Foods team as we continue to develop products that provide comfort and meaningful memories for our customers! We offer a family focused culture, competitive salary, incentive programs, and profit sharing. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, LTD, vacation and ten paid holidays.
Please send all resumes to Amy Coakley email@example.com
Reily Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.