Organization: Bell Flavors & Fragrances
Job Position: Senior Bakery Technologist
Job Location: Northbrook, IL
Job Description: The Senior Sweet Technologist, Culinary Applications works closely with all the members of the culinary applications team performing laboratory work using formulas provided from multiple sources in combination with Bell’s Flavors. This position is specifically in charge of breads, cakes, pastries, and other baked goods. Responsibilities will include selecting, filling, formulating, packaging & shipping samples. This is a highly creative position looking for the right blend of food science know-how and application to food trends to create unique targeted creations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, source, and prepare high quality, tangible confectionery and bakery concepts for appropriate channels of business as directed by and in conjunction with the Sweet Applications Manager
- Write, test, edit, and improve proprietary, commercial formulas and home-cook recipes for use by customers (both internal and external) and ensure formula/recipe integrity.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Research & Development to provide the delivery of innovative product concepts in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Understands Flavor formulas and develops procedures to obtain required samples.
- Develops application formulas as a way to demonstrate, screen and test flavors
- Prepares sensory methods for test
- Selects and screens samples in an appropriate application for customers, chemists, applications, QC, and/or regulatory in a neat and timely manner.
- Strong product formulations skills, in addition to good project planning skills which would enable him/her to independently plan, coordinate with Sweet Applications Manager
- Prepares, fills, packs and ships samples as needed to complete projects and execute presentations
- Interacts with Flavorist to work out differences in formula and supports development and matching projects
- Participates in customer presentations as required
- Operates standard laboratory equipment, cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment and glassware. Keep laboratory clean and orderly at all times
- Complies with all laboratory safety procedures, follows good lab practices for maintaining a safe, clean and organized work environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or relevant industry experience.
- 7-10+ years Industry experience in Bakery/Bread/Pastry development – (Breads, Muffins, Cakes, Cookies, Bars, Laminated Dough, Donuts, Bagels, Etc.)
- Flavor and culinary food experience is preferred
- Confectionery experience is a plus (Chocolate, sugar work, ice cream, etc.)
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills with supervisors
Company Website: bellff.com
To Apply: Apply online here.