Organization: Bell Flavors and Fragrances
Job Position: Senior Research Chef
Job Location: Northbrook, Illinois, US
Employee Type: Full-time
Position Overview: The Senior Research Chef will facilitate project work as directed by the Corporate Chef utilizing real-time, hands-on cooking in the Test Kitchen and will be responsible for creative product development in the form of paper concepts as well as tangible prototypes, on-site and -location product demonstrations, and all task associated with same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, source, and prepare high quality, tangible food concepts for appropriate channels of business as directed by and in conjunction with the Corporate Chef.
- Organize the Test Kitchen (including perishable inventory, pantry items, cleaning materials, cleaning staff, and sundries) and oversee the Test kitchen's day-to-day operations in conjunction with project work.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Research & Development to provide the delivery of innovative product concepts in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Write, test, edit, and improve proprietary, commercial formulas and home-cook recipes for use by customers (both internal and external) in conjunction with the Corporate Chef and ensure formula/recipe integrity.
- Plan, prepare and execute customer presentations independently
- Collaborate with flavorists to create/sample and test gold standard products and test the resultant flavors
- Explain, teach, and train basic cooking methods and skills, and showcase Bell products.
- As directed by the Corporate Chef, coordinate food products for tradeshows and large scale formats, and attend such events when appropriate.
- Plan and execute customer-focused dine arounds in collaboration with marketing and R&D
- Forecast flavor trends and create prototypes to highlight these trends
- Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of ''What we stand for'' and ''The Basic Principles''.
- Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making. Maintain scientific notebook to record data and experiments in electronic format as directed.
- Will be traveling 30% of the time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts/Culinary Nutrition or AA/or AAS in Culinary Arts or technical school with a concentration in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Science degree with an aptitude for Culinary Arts or Food Science
- Two to four years related experience and/or training in foodservice kitchens
- Four to six years year of food product development experience while working for a food manufacturer or ingredient supplier is required
Relocation Program: Negotiable
Please apply using this link.
Company Website: http://www.bellff.com/