- Professional Development
- - Continuing Education
- - Core Knowledge Competencies
- - Professional Competition
- - Year-Round Education Submission
- Library Library
- - Certified Research Chef (CRC®)
- - Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS®)
- - CRC® and CCS® Candidate
- - Certification Renewal
- - CRC® and CCS® Practice Exam
- - Certification FAQs
- - RCA Certification Commission
- - RCACC Approved Provider Program
- - Culinology® Degree Programs
- - Student Competition
- - Evolution of Food Waste
- Professional Advisory Program
- Culinology® Book
- Culinology® Magazine
- - Archives
Professional development through continuing education is key to RCA's mission of supporting practitioners of Culinology® throughout their career.
RCA has developed an extensive program of continuing education workshops that cater to both the culinary professional and the food technologist. These workshops are offered year-round at several partnering educational institutions in the United States and Canada.
- RCA Learning Library (includes on-demand recordings, infographics, trends research, etc.)
- Culinology® Workshops for Chefs
- Culinary and Baking Arts for Food Technologists
- Calendar of Upcoming Workshops
- NEW! In-Company Workshops: Culinary Arts for Food Techs
- RCA's Continuing Education Partners
Earn Contact Hours at the RCA Conference and Beyond
By attending the RCA Conference, you will be able to earn five contact hours towards your CRC and/or CCS certification renewal. Attendance at pre-conference programs held with the RCA Conference amount to additional contact hours beyond the five for conference itself.
If you are attending other conferences or conventions, you may be able to receive contact hours if the event meets the required criteria for certification renewal:
- Associated with a nationally recognized professional organization.
- Related in content or of relevance to Culinology® (i.e. the fields of food science, culinary arts, and product development).
- At least three days in length and offer educational sessions during a minimum of five hours in the three-day period.
Five certification renewal contact hours may be earned for such a conference. Acceptable documentation of conference attendance will be either an acknowledgement of registration for the conference or a copy of the individual’s conference badge. Contact hours earned through conference attendance can account for no more than one-half of the required certification renewal contact hours.
Learn more about the in's and out's of certification renewals by downloading the certification renewal guidelines: