- Professional Development
- - Continuing Education
- - Core Knowledge Competencies
- - Professional Competition
- - Year-Round Education Submission
- Library Library
- - Certified Research Chef (CRC®)
- - Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS®)
- - CRC® and CCS® Candidate
- - Certification Renewal
- - CRC® and CCS® Practice Exam
- - Certification FAQs
- - RCA Certification Commission
- - RCACC Approved Provider Program
- - Culinology® Degree Programs
- Professional Advisory Program
- Culinology® Book
- Culinology® Magazine
- - Archives
2021 Food Evolution Manual Is Live
To meet the demands of the evolving food industry, the RCA has created the Food Evolution Product Development Student Competition in 2016. Established by the RCA Student Committee, the Food Evolution Competition challenges students to formulate commercialized products, increase nutritional content through value-added processing, and troubleshoot cost reduction strategies repurposing byproduct ingredients historically considered food waste.
The final portion of the Food Evolution Product Development Student Competition will be held at the 2021 RCA+ event in March.
Food Evolution Timeline
- Students who wish to compete must email their letter of intent to Chip Potter by Friday, October 23, 2020.
- Food Evolution proposals are due to Chip Potter by February 5, 2021.
- Students who have submitted a proposal will be informed if they have been selected to move into the finals by March 2, 2021.
The Food Evolution Competition is sponsored by Griffith Foods, with sponsored ingredients provided by ReGrained.
Get Involved. Join the Student Committee Today!
Join us in creating the future of food by getting involved with the RCA Student Committee. If you are a RCA student we would love to have you join the RCA Student Committee! Please contact Kyle Stuart, Board Liasion to the Student Committee, to get involved. Student Committee calls are held once a month. If you are interested in helping with the below initiatives please let us know.
The Student Committee is currently pursuing the following initiatives:
- Planning student events at a regional level
- Promoting the Food Evolution Competition and encouraging submissions
- Recruiting students from every RCA recognized school to join the Student Committee
- Publishing blog posts to The Culinologist, a place where students, professionals, and food geeks share their food interests
- Creating and establishing a student presence on RCA social media platforms
- And more!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or at (312)321-6861.