- Professional Development
- - Continuing Education
- - Core Knowledge Competencies
- - Professional Competition
- - Year-Round Education Submission
- Library Library
- - Certified Research Chef (CRC®)
- - Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS®)
- - CRC® and CCS® Candidate
- - Certification Renewal
- - CRC® and CCS® Practice Exam
- - Certification FAQs
- - RCA Certification Commission
- - RCACC Approved Provider Program
- - Culinology® Degree Programs
- - Student Competition
- - Evolution of Food Waste
- Professional Advisory Program
- Culinology® Book
- Culinology® Magazine
- - Archives
RCA Professional Advisory Program
RCA student members are the future of the culinary arts and food sciences industry, and as a professional member, you can make a positive impact on their development by participating in the RCA Professional Advisory Program. The RCA Professional Advisory Program is designed to match RCA student members with RCA professionals who are interested in giving back. RCA professionals will have the opportunity to help students transition into the industry by providing education, leadership development skills and professional guidance.
Applications for the 2019-2020 year have passed.
2018-2019 Student Participation Feedback
"The biggest takeaway that I learned was that it is so important to have a mentor or professional advisor or colleague in your life. I was able to talk about so many life decisions, both personal and professional, with my advisor. This allowed me to talk through a lot of questions with both honest and open answers. I knew she was always willing to talk through any topic and this meant a lot to me, especially since I am in a new place currently... Jamie has taught me and continually teaches me about how important relationships are and I am so lucky to have her in my life as a mentor figure."
- Morganne Schmidt of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln on her advisor
Jaime Mestan, CSC® of Vienna Beef Ltd.
Program Benefits and Resources
Pass down your professional knowledge, experience and advice to emerging food industry professionals.
Not all RCA students are confident with their career path, and some are unaware of the scope of professional jobs in the industry. Prepare students by providing clarity around unanswered questions and empowering them to make decisions that are fit for their needs and goals.
If you make a difference in the lives of RCA students; then they can make a difference in yours. Students will be asked to share a reflection with you about their learning and growth in the program, and the impact you have made on their lives.
This program is designed to be flexible, for both students and professionals, and low-commitment. Schedule a call for a time frame that works best for the both of you, for as little or as much time as needed.
The goals of the Professional Advisory Program are to help RCA students achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Enhance students’ leadership skills
- Review resumes and provide suggestions for improvement
- Provide career guidance and support for students who are finding their career path
- Show students the best ways to network in the industry
- Advise students on how to stand out when searching for internships and job opportunities
Next Steps and Timeline
If you are interested in participating in the Professional Advisory Program for the 2019-2020 membership year,
If you have any questions, please contact RCA Professional Advisor Program Coordinator Tori Clucas.