- Professional Development
- - Continuing Education
- - Core Knowledge Competencies
- - Professional Competition
- - Year-Round Education Submission
- Library Library
- - Certified Research Chef (CRC®)
- - Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS®)
- - CRC® and CCS® Candidate
- - Certification Renewal
- - CRC® and CCS® Practice Exam
- - Certification FAQs
- - RCA Certification Commission
- - RCACC Approved Provider Program
- - Culinology® Degree Programs
- Professional Advisory Program
- Culinology® Book
- Culinology® Magazine
- - Archives
Just announced! "Who Wants to be a Culinologist?" Scholarship Competition
Do you have an amazing Culinology story? Then we want you to share it with RCA members! With thanks to Chef Robert Danhi and Flavor360, RCA is excited to announce a competition for aspiring Culinologists like you. Using the innovative digital platform from Flavor360, you'll record a short video and tell us why YOU want to become a Culinologist by answering a series of questions.
A panel of RCA leaders will judge the top ten submissions, and these future industry leaders will present their story on a live Zoom call open to the world where attendees vote for the top three students, who will earn cash scholarships to use for their education.
Additionally, the first 100 entries will automatically receive a FREE RCA Student Membership, valid from February 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. The top ten entries, as determined by RCA judges, will also receive FREE registration to the RCA+ event, taking place March 23-26.
There are five stages to participate and win a scholarship:
- By January 29th: Register to participate by clicking this link and filling out the registration form.
- February 1-15th: Download and use the Flavor360 app to submit your story and videos for consideration with login credential and instruction provided by email@example.com
- February 16-28th: RCA judges to evaluate and select the top ten submissions to award RCA+ registration
- March 8th: Top 10 finalist announced
- March 2021: Join the live Zoom Peoples Choice Awards (open to anyone globally) and you will have one minute to present "Why you want to be a Culinoligist" and play your submitted video. All attendees will vote and the top three prizes will be awarded of $1000, $750, $500.
The Blue Nalu Student Essay Competition
Blue Nalu’s mission is to be the global leader in cellular aquaculture, providing consumers with great tasting, healthy, safe and trusted cell-based seafood products that support the sustainability and diversity of our ocean.
A key element of Blue Nalu’s mission is to promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 14. The Eat Blue™ educational platform, sponsored by BlueNalu, supports SDG 14 by celebrating life below water and the people who make a difference. It is a multimedia campaign for exploring the depths of ocean optimism and seafood sustainability that connect consumers to the stories that matter. It is a community dedicated to sustainability and conserving ocean biodiversity.
In partnership with the Culinology Education Foundation, Blue Nalu is offering a scholarship to the best essay that answers, “What does it mean to you to Eat BlueTM?” Essay details can be found by clicking here. First prize is $750, second is $450, third prize is $300.
2021 Scholarships Opportunities
The Culinology® Education Foundation places great value on education. Key to its mission is providing financial assistance in the form of scholarships to qualified students pursuing higher learning opportunities in Culinology®, culinary arts, and food science. Deserving students are awarded these scholarships each year and recognized at The RCA Conference.
Scholarship applications are now open for the 2020-2021 school year. Complete your application by January 29, 2021.
Special Employment Opportunity for Students!
Restaurant Brands International (RBI), home of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and Burger King, is searching for hungry talent from the nation's best culinary, food science and innovation programs. RBI has an exciting, year-long rotational program that immerses participants in the product development and innovation experience with the masterminds behind The Whopper and The Chicken Sandwich. Interested? Please click here for information and how to apply.
Get Involved. Join the Student Committee Today!
Join us in creating the future of food by getting involved with the RCA Student Committee. If you are a RCA student we would love to have you join the RCA Student Committee! Please contact Kyle Stuart, Board Liasion to the Student Committee, to get involved. Student Committee calls are held once a month. If you are interested in helping with the below initiatives please let us know.
The Student Committee is currently pursuing the following initiatives:
- Planning student events at a regional level
- Promoting the Food Evolution Competition and encouraging submissions
- Recruiting students from every RCA recognized school to join the Student Committee
- Publishing blog posts to The Culinologist, a place where students, professionals, and food geeks share their food interests
- Creating and establishing a student presence on RCA social media platforms
- And more!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (312)321-6861.