Remote Proctor service
RCA’s Remote Proctor Service allows Certification candidates to take their final exam remotely via their computer using a Zoom video conference link. The service is available only to candidates who have completed their application process and have been formally approved to take the exam by the RCA Certification Commission.
If you have not been approved to take your exam, you will not be able to register for this service.
Price: $99 for one exam. This price is non-refundable; if you have a conflict you can reschedule your exam to the next available date/time. You are permitted one reschedule for this service. Seats for the Remote Proctor Service are very limited, so we encourage you to plan your exam date appropriately.
How The Remote Proctor Service Works
You will take your certification exam on your computer using RCA’s online testing service, Classmarker. Your proctor will ensure the integrity of your exam by watching you take your exam via a Zoom video call. You will be asked questions before taking your exam, and you will move your web camera to assure the proctor that you are working without any reference materials. Per RCA Certification Commission rules, you will not be allowed any food or beverage during your exam. Once you’ve completed your exam, you will notify the proctor via the Zoom “chat” function.
Protocol for the Remote Proctor Service
- Please block a minimum of 2-1/2 hours for your exam.
- There will be a thirty (30) minute check-in period prior to the start of the exam; the exam itself will take two hours.
- You will receive a unique passcode allowing you access to the Zoom video conference call.
- Ensure you are quiet, distraction-free environment, and that you can stay in that environment for the entire exam.
- When you join the call, you will be placed in the waiting room – your proctor will admit you to the exam at the appropriate time.
- When you enter the call, the proctor will ask a series of questions to ensure the integrity of your exam.
- You must show a valid, up-to-date government identification to the proctor through your web camera.
- You will be required to demonstrate to the proctor that you have no materials in your workspace by moving your web camera around your space.
- During the course of the exam, you must remain at your space and on camera – there are no breaks during the exam, and you are not permitted to exit from the exam until completed.
- You are not permitted to have any scratch paper or access to any notes either on paper or via any electronic device.
- At any point in time during the exam, the proctor reserves the right to ask for another view of your workspace, and you must comply or risk being terminated from the exam.
- The proctor reserves the right to terminate your exam if, at any point, it appears that the integrity of your exam is compromised.
Upcoming Remote Proctor Dates and Times
- Friday, January 21 - 10:30am CT check-in time
- Friday, February 18 - 10:30am CT check-in time
- March: Take your exam in person at the RCA Conference! Check in for the exam is at 1:30pm ET on Tuesday, March 22nd. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your seat. It's free if you're registered to attend.
- Friday, April 8 - 10:30am CT check-in time - SOLD OUT
- Friday, May 13 - 10:30am CT check-in time
- Friday, June 17 - 10:30am CT check-in time
Your proctor will check in each candidate individually beginning at the noted start time. Your exam will begin once you've been checked-in.
How to Sign Up for the Remote Proctor Service
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your name, phone number, email address, and requested date for your exam. Be sure to reference that you are requesting a seat for the Remote Proctor Service.
- RCA will check your credentials to confirm you are eligible to take your final exam.
- If you are eligible, RCA will send a confirmation email with a link for payment.
IMPORTANT: SEATS FOR THE REMOTE PROCTOR SERVICE ARE FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED. Seats will be assigned based on the date and time payment is received. This is the only criteria for seating priority.
Rules and Procedures for the Remote Proctor Service
- Only candidates confirmed as eligible to take their final certification exam are eligible to use the RCA Remote Proctor Service.
- Individuals may not “reserve a seat” in anticipation of being eligible to take the final certification exam.
- Please be on time and ready to take your exam on your assigned date.
- If you have paid for your Remote Proctor Service seat and do not arrive by the check-in cutoff time, you will not be granted access to the exam – you will have to reschedule.
- The certification exam must be completed within two hours of the start time (excluding check-in time). If you continue working on the exam after the cutoff time your results will be disqualified.
- Test results will not be available immediately upon completion of the exam; your results will be sent within fourteen (14) business days.
RCA candidates must ensure their computer meets the system requirements of the Zoom platform as stated below:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card